Thursday, August 18, 2011

Balance

Photo by John Lynner Peterson

Readers of this blog know I am a big fan of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (a much-used, reliable, personality instrument). The woman who did my training on the MBTI did research on when we are less than our best type---NOT our best selves. She determined that when under stress, disease, drugs, alcohol or fatigue we are not our best selves.

You might say, “Duh! We all know that.” But the point of the research is that you become another personality type and because it’s not your normal everyday type and you just aren’t very good at it. For example, I am an Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiver. Without giving you a full seminar on the Myers-Briggs, let’s just say, I’m an optimist. BUT, when I get stressed, overwhelmed, don’t get a full night’s sleep, sick---I can be a Debbie Downer who finds nothing right with the world.

So what’s the solution to being our best selves? Balance, balance, balance! Now I’m not naïve about how difficult balance can be in our busy lives. It MUST be a priority in order for it to happen at all. That’s why priority setting is at the base of my Time Management course. Until you know your priorities, you can’t successfully manage your time and your life.  

Know your Type.
Know your priorities.
Find your balance.

Sign up for my Time Management course here.

Call me if you’re interested in taking the Myers-Briggs.

Balance yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment