Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thanks www.fromlefttowrite.com for making me the featured writer today!

From Left to Write is a group of over 100 women bloggers. We are all bloggers on a vast range of topics, what binds us as Left to Write is the reading of books distributed to us and writing a post inspired by the book. Notice I say, “inspired by.” Our role is not to review the books given us.

Many times the author will do a Question and Answer interview on the home site a day before or day after our posts. Some authors even make it a point to comment on each of our blogs on the day their book inspires us.

A few of my favorites that we have reviewed are:

In Stitches by Dr. Anthony Youn
Room by Emma Donoghue
Tiny Sunbirds Far Away by Christi Watson
And my all-time favorite---so far---The Swam Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova

I could go on with this list because there are too many to list. Have we read some clunkers? Yes, but they, in their own dorky way, teach us about writing and about selecting books to read.

Thank you, From Left To Write, for making me the featured member today. It’s been fun being part of this great group of bloggers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment