Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Who is My Neighbor?" photo exhibit by John Lynner Peterson

The synchronicity of supporting my husband while also promoting something I care deeply about is pure delight. John Lynner Peterson, photographer extraordinaire, will be exhibiting for the first time in Kentucky! His group of photos titled "Who is My Neighbor,"  will be shown at the Woodford County Public Library during the month of July. Opening reception will be July 10th from 2:30 to 5:00 PM. John will also lecture on the exhibit on July 20th at 7:30 PM.

I have written before on this blog about Robert Fuller's book, Somebodies and Nobodies. It addresses the last "ism" in our world---rankism. We, human beings, have all sorts of prejudices about other humans. Racism, sexism, homophobia---to name a few. We have a hard time embracing all people as our neighbors and worthy of our love and care and attention. Fuller's book maintains that putting people on a ladder with some better than me and others less than me is that last prejudice to need to abolish. John's photos poignantly and compellingly show us that all people are our neighbors.

Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment